January 4, 2020
10 THINGS TO ALWAYS DO AFTER A CAR WRECK
Getting into a car wreck is a traumatizing experience. It is an unexpected event that can be life changing for you and your family. There are 10 very important things that you need to do after a wreck in order to protect you, your family, and the compensation relief that you deserve.
1) Stay at the Scene – The shock and trauma of being in an accident can cause you to not think clearly. However, it is very important that you stay at the scene of the accident and that you do NOT leave the scene. If you do leave the scene of the accident then it could imply guilt as well as result in criminal charges against you. Stay at the scene and wait for the police to arrive.
2) Call 911 and Report the Accident – It is very important that you call 911 and report the accident. Especially if you or the other party are injured. As soon as you can, call 911 and report the accident. If you call 911 first, then you will be able to explain what has happened and the events surrounding the scent better than anyone else can at that time. So call 911 and report the accident.
3) Do Not Say “I’m Sorry” or Apologize – DO NOT say “I’m sorry” or apologize at the scene of the accident. It can be used as an admission of guilt against you. It is very important to make sure that the police officer does not put your apology in their police report as well. So DO NOT apologize or say “I’m Sorry”.
4) Limit your conversation about the accident with the Other Party – After the accident you approach the other party and depending on the accident you both will exchange information such as insurance information. The other party may try to talk with you about what happened and why you did what you did or why they did what they did. It is very important that you do not engage in this type of conversation with the other party. Be polite and exchange information. If the other party tries to talk about what happened, remain silent until the police arrive.
5) Take Pictures and Videos of the Scene – Everyone has a smart phone so it is very important to remember to take pictures and videos of the scene. Try to take pictures and videos of the cars in the accident and the damage to both cars. Video the surround areas such as street intersections and weather conditions. Pictures and video of the surrounding area can be valuable information to your case.
6) If Injured, Don’t Move Around – After the accident, the most common injury is a neck or back injury. This injury can be magnified or even cause permanent damage if you move around after the accident. If you feel like there is significant damage to your neck, back, or any body part then don’t move or get out of your car. Wait for the ambulance and first responders to arrive and check you out first. You may need to be carried out on a stretcher into the ambulance.
7) Go to the Hospital if you have any Injuries – At the time of the accident it is very important to take a moment and do a self-assessment of how your body is feeling. The adrenaline will be rushing through your body after an accident, so it will be difficult to feel certain pain until the adrenaline leaves your body. Take a minute and assess how you are physically feeling. Neck and back injuries will begin to hurt after the adrenaline is gone, so if there are any injuries, let the ambulance take you to the hospital to be checked out immediately.
8) Do Not talk to the other party’s Insurance Company – After the accident, the other party’s insurance company will try to call you and get a statement from you of the events of the accident. They will do this over a recorded line. Do Not talk to them or give any statements to them about the accident. The insurance company is not on your side and they are going to try and ask you questions that imply that you are guilty and responsible for the accident. Do Not speak to them.
9) Call Attorney John Adkins – After an accident you need advice and a road map on how to handle this traumatic experience. John Adkins and his legal team have helped thousands of clients in your same situation navigate the legal process and battle the insurance companies. His experience will help you get fairly compensated and reimbursed for the injuries that you suffered. Call John Adkins, and he can give you the advice and representation that you need.
10) Let your Attorney be your Advocate to the Insurance Company – The insurance company is not your advocate or your friend. Even your own insurance company does not have your best interest in mind. The insurance company works for the best interest of the insurance company. Their primary goal is to not pay out any money and then their second goal is to pay out the least amount of money possible. Let your Attorney, John Adkins, be your Advocate and negotiate on your behalf to make sure the insurance companies pay you the compensation that you deserve. Call John Adkins and his legal team, and they can be your Advocates.
December 23, 2019
Are you buying presents for the children in your life this holiday season? Every year dangerous toys cause serious injuries to kids. Here are tips to avoid these safety risks:
•Always follow the suggested age limits.
•Be aware of recalled toys, especially if you are buying secondhand.
•Do your research before purchasing online, as product descriptions may provide incomplete or misleading information.
Click here to learn more about toy safety and browse the 2019 “Ten Worst Toy” list from the organization World Against Toys Causing Harm.
Finally, a joyous holiday season to you and yours!
Adkins Law Firm
November 17, 2019
Imagine you are driving along your normal route that you take every day. Passing the same stop signs and red lights as you do every day. As you accelerate through the green light, BOOM, you are hit by a truck traveling full speed. The truck slammed into the driver’s side knocking you unconscious. Air bags are deployed, but your head is slammed against metal and glass shards are covering your face and arms. Your legs are crushed from the impact. A few moments later you awake to the loud sound of your cars horn ringing in your ears, red and blue lights flashing, and people yelling.
The next day you wake up in the hospital; your legs are crushed, you have a concussion, and the Doctors are talking about surgery and long-term injuries. By now, the police have made their reports, the insurance companies have been notified, and you are stuck in the hospital facing an uncertain future. What do you do now?
7 things to remember if you’ve been injured in a wreck!
1st: Call John W. Adkins personal injury attorney at 404-524-5626. He will give you a plan and peace of mind.
2nd: Start gathering your records of what happened and your side of the story. Never admit fault or say I’m sorry to anyone involved or around the accident scene.
3rd: Do not give a statement or tell your story to an insurance claims adjuster, ESPECIALLY if you taking medication, tired, or not feeling well.
4th: Organize your Paperwork! You will need the following:
1) Your record of the events and police report
2) Your medical records
3) The different doctors and offices you visited
4) Copies/invoices of all out of pocket expenses
5) This includes parking, gas mileage, etc.
6) Keep notes of your correspondence with the insurance company.
5th: Medical Treatment is essential to your case. Follow up and visit a specialist for each injury that you have. Try to find out if your doctor is going to recommend surgery because this will impact the value of your case.
6th: REMEMBER the Statute of Limitations! Regarding personal injury cases, the Statute of Limitations in Georgia is TWO YEARS from the date of your injury. That means you have two years from the date of your injury to settle your claim or file a lawsuit or you lose your chance to make a recovery.
7th: Protect the Evidence! Maintain a list of the witnesses from the accident scene. Maintain pictures of the scene and of your vehicle. Keep a list of all statements made from the wreck; the statements in the police report and those not in the police report.
The two most important things to do and remember from the seven items listed above are to remember the Statute of Limitations and to seek medical treatment for your injuries immediately after the wreck. The Statute of Limitations is important because if you fail to bring an action before it expires, you won’t have a case or any redress for your injuries that you have suffered if you wait too long to file a lawsuit. Calling the attorney John W. Adkins and his team immediately after your accident will save you from the grief of missing any important deadlines and ensure that proper steps are being taken to protect you and your family. Our experienced Attorneys will guide you through the process and protect your rights to make sure that a deadline is not missed. After your accident, immediately call John W. Adkins and his team of attorneys, so that we can help you navigate the court system and protect your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
The second most important item from the list above is getting the medical treatment for your injuries immediately after the wreck. In Georgia, injured parties have the burden of proof, which means they must be able to prove that they suffered a physical harm as a result of the other party’s negligence. Visiting a specialist for each injury is very important and necessary for you as the victim of a wreck. If the Doctor recommends a procedure or that you follow up with physical therapy, then it is of the utmost importance that you listen to the Doctor and follow their advice regarding your treatment as soon as possible. We understand that taking time off from work is hard to do, but if you don’t address the injuries right away, your injuries can get worse and lead to more severe physical problems in the future that may take many years to resolve. By following the Doctor’s orders and aggressively treating your injuries, you will be in a much better negotiating position when dealing with the automobile insurance company. Pain and suffering should be included in your compensation demands with the automobile insurance companies, and the amount that you demand will depend on the severity of your injuries and the limitations that your injuries put on your life. Your spouse may also have a loss of consortium claim against the negligent other driver, so make sure to tell your attorney if you are married.
If you are looking for a car accident lawyer in the Atlanta area, please be sure to call John W. Adkins with Adkins Legal immediately after you are injured in a wreck. John can be reached at 404-524-5626.
October 18, 2019
Car wrecks happen when they are least expected. If it was not your fault, you must act quickly at the scene of the wreck in order to protect (1) Yourself, (2) Your Family, and (3) Your Assets. A car wreck can be a life changing and catastrophic event for you and your family. It can lead to expensive medical bills, physical therapy bills, job and income loss, and permanent disability. The following steps below can save you and your family’s future from a life time of pain and suffering.
1. Stay Calm and DO NOT apologize to the Other Driver. Be very careful what you say or do at the time of the accident. Depending on the severity of the accident there may be catastrophic injuries or it may just be a fender bender, but make sure you stay calm and think before you act or say anything.
2. Check to make sure everyone in your car is in a stable condition and then check the other vehicle to make sure they are okay as well but DO NOT apologize for the wreck. You did not intend to have your vehicle hit and the other driver may not have intended to hit you, but it happened.
3. ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE. It is very important to the automobile insurance companies that a police report is made at the time of the wreck, so call the police right away and get them to the scene. Tell them there has been a automobile wreck and let them know if people are injured and the severity of the injuries.
4. USE YOUR PHONE to take pictures and use the VIDEO feature on your phone to record the accident and the surrounding circumstances of the wreck. The video feature on your phone can help give a much more clear picture of the wreck and the injuries after the wreck.
5. LOOK FOR WITNESSES. Try to find witnesses to the accident and ask for their contact information. Make sure to ask if they will wait around to give that statement to the police.
6. Speak with an attorney before you call your Insurance Company!
7. Go to the HOSPITAL! IF the collision was severe, then go to the hospital in the ambulance. IF it was not severe, then drive yourself to the hospital immediately after the wreck. Injuries can take days, weeks, and months to manifest into pain in the body, so make sure you get medical help as soon as possible after the wreck.
8. CALL Attorney John W. Adkins and his team because they are the best Personal Injury lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia. You will need an attorney that can give you the right advice to protect you from the other party and the insurance companies.
9. Put your Facebook and Social media accounts in private mode where only your friends and family can view your posts and make sure that you don’t post anything about your physical or medical condition on the internet. Insurance company lawyers are trained to use your Social Media posts and pictures against you in order to limit your recovery.
10. Keep all your medical bills and invoices and give them to your personal injury attorney.
Attorney John W. Adkins and his team will fight for you to make sure you get the compensation that you deserve!
The adkinslegal.com team
Adkins Law Firm, LLC helps individuals and families file claims to obtain compensation for injuries caused by the carelessness and negligence of others.
Whether you have been injured in a car accident, injured at work, or fallen because someone has failed to properly clean up after themselves, Attorney John W. Adkins can help you. His passion for the law and dedication to personal injury matters allows him to obtain full and fair compensation for his clients. Contact a skilled personal injury attorney to start on your case today. At Adkins Law Firm, LLC you don’t have to pay until we recover compensation for you.
Adkins Law Firm, LLC is a member of Johnson & Ward.
Adkins Law Firm, LLC provides clients with aggressive legal representation to assist them recover damages to compensate them for medical bills, lost wages, physical and emotional pain and suffering injuries and any other losses they have received from truck wrecks, car wrecks, motorcycle accidents or other negligent acts of others.
Contacting the firm is free. We understand that the disputes facing you, your family or your business can seem daunting. It is our goal to put you at ease.