A car wreck can be traumatic. This is a life-changing event for you and your loved ones. You must do 10 things after a car accident to ensure your safety and get the compensation you are entitled to. An Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer is essential!
1) Stay at the scene – Trauma and shock can make it difficult to think clearly. It is important to stay on the scene of an accident. You could be charged with criminal offenses if you leave the accident scene. Wait for the police to arrive at the scene.
2) Call 911 to Report an Accident – It’s important that you report an accident to 911. You should call 911 immediately if anyone is hurt. Call 911 immediately to report the accident. You will be able, if you call 911 first and explain the situation and events surrounding it better than anyone else. Call 911 to report the accident.
3) Don’t Say “I’m sorry” or Apologize. – Do not say “I’m sorry” at the scene. This can be used to admit guilt. It is important that you do not include your apology in the police report. Don’t apologize or say “I’m sorry”.
4) Limit your conversation about an accident with the Other Party – After an accident, you should approach the other party. Depending on what happened, you will exchange information like insurance information. You may be approached by the other party to discuss what happened, why you did what that you did and why they did it. This type of conversation is not appropriate. Keep it polite and share information. Do not speak to the other person if they try to discuss what happened.
5) Take Pictures and Videos of the Scene – Everyone has a smartphone so it is important to remember how to capture pictures and videos of the scene. Take pictures and videos of both the cars involved in the accident as well as the damage done to them. Take video of the surrounding areas, such as streets intersections and weather conditions. You can use video and pictures of the surroundings to help you prove your case.
6) Don’t move if you are injured – The most common injury after an accident is to the neck or back. If you move after an accident, this injury can become more severe or cause permanent damage. Do not move or get out if you feel that there has been significant injury to your neck, back or other body parts. Wait for first responders and ambulance to arrive to check you out. It is possible that you will need to be taken on a stretcher into an ambulance.
7) Get to the Hospital for any Injuries – It is important that you take the time to assess how your body feels immediately after an accident. After an accident, adrenaline will rush through your body making it difficult to feel pain. Let’s take a moment to assess how you feel physically. After the adrenaline has gone, your neck and back will hurt. If you have any injuries, call an ambulance to take you to the hospital.
8) Don’t talk to the Insurance Company of the other party – The insurance company of the other party will attempt to contact you after the accident and request a statement about the incident. They will call you and get a statement from you about the accident. You should not speak to them or give them any statements about the accident. They will try to get you to answer questions that could suggest that you are guilty or responsible for the accident. Don’t speak with them.
9) Call Attorney John Adkins – He is your Atlanta Auto Accident Attorney. You need guidance and direction after an accident. John Adkins and his legal team helped thousands of people in the same situation to navigate the legal system and fight the insurance companies. His knowledge will allow you to get fair compensation and reimbursement for any injuries you sustained. John Adkins can provide you with the guidance and representation you require. John Adkins is your Atlanta Car Accident Attorney.
10) Your Attorney is your Advocate to the Insurance Company – The insurance company is not your advocate. Your best interests may not be considered by your insurance company. The insurance company is in the best interests of its customers. Their first goal is not to pay any money, and their second goal is the lowest possible amount. John Adkins, your attorney, can act as your advocate and negotiate for you to ensure that the insurance companies pay the right amount of compensation. John Adkins and his legal staff can serve as your Advocates. Atlanta Car Accident Attorney