Truck wrecks are a leading cause of death on America’s roads, claiming the lives of 4,761 people in 2022. Tractor-trailers and the 18-wheelers are among the majority of truck accidents that causes more than 70 percent of the fatal road accidents.
Trucking companies are required by law to maintain their vehicles and to ensure that their drivers are properly trained and licensed. However, this doesn’t always happen, and when Truck accidents do occur, the consequences can be devastating.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a Truck accident, it’s important to seek the help of a Truck accident attorney in Atlanta who can help you get the compensation you deserve. Truck accident lawyers have experience dealing with trucking companies and their insurance providers, and they will fight to get you the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
Truck accidents: Is Logistics pressure the reason?
Truck accidents are becoming more and more common in Atlanta. Truck drivers are under immense pressure to deliver their cargo on time, and this can often lead to them making careless errors on the road. A truck accident can result in serious injuries. It is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. Best truck accident Attorney Atlanta will be able to advise you on the best course of action and help you receive the compensation you deserve. Truck accidents can be devastating, so it is important to do everything you can to avoid them. The following tips can help you stay safe on the road:
Atlanta: The city with immense truck load on road
Truck accidents are becoming more and more common in Atlanta, and across the country. Truck drivers are under immense pressure to meet tight deadlines, and as a result, they often take risks on the road. Truck accidents may be devastating. The truck accidents cause fatal injuries which may end up in death. If you or anyone you love has been involved in a truck accident, it is imperative to seek out legal help as soon as possible. A qualified truck accident law firm in Atlanta can help you navigate the legal process and get the compensation you deserve. Try to find out the best truck accident attorney in Atlanta today.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 4,012 people lost their lives in truck accidents in the US in 2016. Over 68% of the fatalities involved passengers in cars, whereas 17% involved truck occupants. A further 14% were pedestrians, bikers, or riders of motorcycles. In comparison to 2009, the number of truck accident victims in the US increased by at least 30% in 2022. The road system in Atlanta is well-liked and extremely congested for semi-trucks and other large commercial trucks. Commercial vehicles transport a wide range of goods on Atlanta’s roads, including farm animals, frozen foods, fresh produce, auto parts, and dangerous chemicals.
All forms of truck accidents in Atlanta, including truck accidents, are handled expertly by our Atlanta trucking accident attorneys. Our knowledgeable team will work with you to reconstruct the accident scene by looking into the car equipment, police reports, and business maintenance records. In order to ensure that you obtain reasonable compensation for an Atlanta truck accident, we will verify the driver’s logs, safety records, and evaluate every detail of the event. For all of your semi-truck accident claims in Atlanta, you must rely on our team of injury lawyers. To handle your truck accident case and secure the most compensation, contact Adkins Law Firm personal injury attorney in Atlanta.
10 Ways to Stay Safe on Atlanta’s Roads
Atlanta is one of the busiest cities in the country, and its roads can be chaotic. The sheer number of vehicles combined with the high level of traffic and a large number of truck drivers, means that accidents are a common occurrence. To stay safe while driving in the city, it pays to know how to avoid truck accidents in Atlanta. Here are 10 important tips that will help you stay safe on your next journey.
1. Don’t Drive Distracted – Distracted driving is an all-too-common cause of truck accidents in Atlanta, GA. To stay safe on the roads, make sure you keep your eyes on the road and off your phone or other distractions.
2. Follow at a Safe Distance – Trucks take longer to stop than regular cars because of their size and weight, so it is important to always leave plenty of distance between yourself and any trucks you encounter on the road. At least five seconds should elapse between when a truck passes a point and when you reach that same point.
3. Check Your Blind Spots – Trucks have much larger blind spots than regular cars, so make sure you check them before changing lanes or attempting to pass one. If you can’t see the driver in their side mirror then they most likely can’t see you either!
4. Be Aware at Intersections – Trucks need more time to navigate turns than smaller vehicles due to their higher center of gravity and longer wheelbase lengths, so be aware when navigating intersections with trucks nearby as they may not be able to turn as quickly as you would expect them too. Take extra care when turning left across traffic as large trucks may not be able spot smaller vehicles crossing their path until it is too late.
5. Use Turn Signals Appropriately – Always use your turn signals appropriately when driving around trucks in case they need extra time to slow down or change direction due to their size and weight constraints..
6. Don’t Cut Off Trucks – Cutting off trucks is especially dangerous because of their size and lack of maneuverability; if there isn’t enough room for them to slow down safely then a collision could occur. So give them plenty of notice by signaling well ahead before changing lanes or turning across traffic.
7. Be Careful When Passing – Passing large trucks requires skill, patience, and caution. You should always make sure that there is no oncoming traffic before attempting to pass, and allow plenty of space between yourself and the truck once you have passed it.
8. Avoid Sudden Braking – It takes much longer for trucks to stop than regular cars due to their heavy weight, so try not make any sudden braking maneuvers around them . If necessary, signal well ahead before slowing down so that they have ample time adjust accordingly..
9. Keep an Eye Out for Unsecured Loads – Unsecured loads are another major factor contributing towards truck accidents in Atlanta, Georgia. Make sure you keep an eye out for these types of loads at all times, as anything falling from an unsecured load could easily result in a collision…
10. Always Wear Your Seatbelt – Last but certainly not least, wearing seatbelts should go without saying! Make sure everyone in your vehicle has fastened theirs properly before setting off.
Conclusion: Staying safe while driving around trucks requires vigilance and consideration for other drivers on the road; following these simple tips will help ensure that both yourself and those around remain safe while navigating busy roads throughout Atlanta, GA! Keeping these guidelines in mind will help create safer conditions for everyone who shares our roads!
By taking these precautions, you can help reduce the risk of being involved in a Truck and car Accident in Atlanta. However, even the most cautious drivers can find themselves involved in an accident through no fault of their own. If this happens to you, make sure to contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in Atlanta as soon as possible – they will fight for your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Yelp Profile: https://www.yelp.com/biz/adkins-law-firm-atlanta
Merchantcircle Profile: https://www.merchantcircle.com/adkins-law-firm–atlanta-ga
Why truck accidents happen?
Truck accidents are unfortunately all too common on Atlanta roads. They can be caused by a variety of factors, including driver error, mechanical failure, and weather conditions.
Pressure to reach fast:
Truck drivers are under a lot of pressure to meet deadlines, and this can lead to them making careless mistakes. The streets are already filled with over speeding small vehicles, one single mistake can lead to a big crash and lead to fatal returns which are undesirable and troublesome. To avoid this, the logistics companies should build a mechanism to keep the pressure off the drivers and encourage them to reach the destination safely.
If they are not properly trained or are fatigued, the risk of an accident increases. The driver who is under rest can fall asleep while driving and may lead to disastrous outcomes which may lead to the serious injuries and even death.
The trucking companies should try to ensure that the driver who’s getting on the truck is well relaxed to drive.
Not properly maintained trucks:
In addition, if a truck is not properly maintained, it can lead to mechanical problems that can cause an accident. This can lead to an increase in the truck accidents and more injured people, and few more lost lives.
One should maintain truck so that the mechanical parts function properly.
Poor weather conditions:
Poor weather conditions such as ice and snow can make it more difficult for trucks to stop or maneuver, increasing the risk of an accident.
These reasons cause contribute to a large number of truck accidents in Atlanta.
Get the legal remedies to ensure your compensation: Contact us today
If you have been involved in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a truck accident lawyer in Atlanta who can help you understand your rights and options. there are Five Tips to Choose the Best Truck Accident Attorney.
At Adkins law firm, we have supported and suggested the victims of truck accidents where you can get the compensation and ensure the victims get the rebuilding of a life.